28 March, 2010

Happy Birthday My Sweet Girl

So. Tomorrow, 29 March, is sweet Reilly's 4th birthday. 4 years ago, I was complaining about how miserable I was being pregnant.

I had a pretty easy pregnancy with my little girl. It was a complete shock that I was pregnant...I went into Planned Parenthood to get back on birth control -- what a total shock it was for me when they came back and told me that there was no possible way that I was getting on birth control because..SURPRISE!!! I was pregnant. So almost 9 months later, after about 10 hours of labor and almost 3 hours of pushing, my gorgeous, 7lb 1oz, 20in daughter was born into the world at 4:39pm. She was sure a sight. Gross and wrinkly. And her smooshed up face. But she was my baby. My princess.


I didn't sleep much for the next couple months...I was so busy being a new mommy...and then watching two other kids all day long. I was completely exhausted all the time. I don't think I have ever felt so tired in my entire life. But of course, those baby cuddles and watching her sleep were totally worth it.


Other mom's (and dad's too!) understand what its like...you have this little tiny person who you are now completely responsible for, but you wouldn't change a thing. Reilly was...and still is, the absolute NUMBER ONE person in my life. I would do any and everything for me. She is obviously spoiled. But she is level headed. She's smart and gorgeous and completely ridiculous...but she's MY daughter. I absolutely cannot imagine my life with out her -- even on her worst days, when she is being the BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS EVER.....she is still the best child I ever could have ask for.

The last four years have been super trippy. She's just grown up so much. I remember when she first started crawling and rolling, walking and talking....learning her ABC's and 123's. Learning how to form sentences, color, make faces....jump and run....play the drums and use an iPod.


How did I get so incredibly lucky to have such an amazing daughter that makes me smile and laugh so much? I would do anything in the world for this girl, and I hope one day I can.
Not only am I lucky enough to have such a great daughter, but she is lucky enough to have such amazing people in her life. Her daddy, though not her biological father, is the best male role model I could ever fucking ask for. He treats her JUST like his own daughter...he is wonderful. Sweet and loving, but he's firm and fair towards her. Just like any other father should be. She has amazing support system too -- my parents, Bradley's parents, and our friends that are so close that could be family. She just has so many people around her that love her unconditionally. She is an absolute JOY to be around.

There honestly is too much and not enough to say about Reilly all at the same time. I have a hard time finding the right words to just describe how much I love and adore this child, and just saying that doesn't seem to cut it.

So Happy Birthday to you Reilly Eryn Campbell -- my gorgeous, sweet, caring, amazing, smart 4 year old. May the next year bring you amazing new things, and changes.....may you grow and learn great new things. I hope you enjoy your move to Hawaii, and you have a completely amazing year.

I love you so much.

Happy Birthday my sweet princess.




No comments: