21 February, 2010

this was uncalled for

Well, we'll go ahead an update since I really haven't for a week or a couple days or whatever, and today, I really have nothing of value coming up (I have actually started a blog on parenting and religion, but I kinda lost my train of thought on that one, so I'll have to pick it up later) so we'll just do this for now.

First off -- if you live in Washington, I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather! It has been absolutely GORGEOUS the last couple days. *in the picture is Mt. Rainier, I finally got a decent shot when Ri-Baby and I were at the park the other day* It's gonna be going back to the rain here pretty soon, so I've been soaking up this sun. I absolutely LOVE the sunshine. It doesn't matter if its cold, or hot, as long as the sun is shining, I am one happy girl. Which is why I'm not at all complaining about moving to Hawaii this summer.

Lets see, what else? Oh I've been reading A LOT lately. In the last week or so, I've read Push by Sapphire (which the movie Precious is based off of) which is about a 16 year old girl who can't read or write, and was molested by her dad most of her life...and had two children by him. It goes through her struggles and how she betters herself -- it was a really quick read -- a little over 100 pages. But it was a pretty good book. I also read Dear John by Nicolas Sparks (the movie is also out in the theater if you're curious) - about the Army vet who falls in love with a girl, and their struggles through him being stationed over seas, and then deployments after 9/11. It was a pretty sad and sappy book. I cried through a lot of it...but I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that I know whats going on...I'm "in the thick of it" I guess you could say. That and pregnancy hormones. Haha. Sooo yea. I would have ended up reading the whole book in one night, but I needed to get some sleep. But it was also a good book -- I haven't actually read any of his other books, but I hear they are good as well. I was just a little shocked at how the book ended...buttt that's cool. It was still good. Currently I'm reading Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According To Kathy Griffin (by Kathy Griffin, obviously). I absolutely LOVE Kathy Griffin. I think she is so fucking hilarious. Her book is turning out to be good too. Next is Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane -- which is now a major motion picture. I haven't read any reviews on the movie, or the book, and I don't want to, mostly because I would much rather read the book first and then see the movie than vice versa. Plus, Shutter Island seems like one of those movies that's probably going to scare the crap outta me and since Bradford isn't here to save me from the boogie man, I decided I wasn't going to go see it while he was gone. So yea.

I don't think a lot of people peg me as a reader -- and while I don't read the most thought provoking, or difficult books, I do read quite a bit, and I do love it. I don't know why I wouldn't be begged as a reader either...I mean, does a part of my personality just scream that? I know that Bradford REALLY hates when I get really into a book, because I basically ignore anything and everything else. Haha. But I can't help when I'm really into a book and I just can't stop. Oh well. I enjoy reading my books -- and that's that.


What else? Oh. Baby update. Umm well, I'm 10 weeks 3 days today (Feb. 21st) I took this picture on Feb. 18th (10weeks)...I still feel like shit. The one thing I want to do is cook and eat food I cook instead of processed shit...I just know that I need to eat, and whatever sounds good is just what I need to eat. My goal right now is to get food in my stomach, every day, and no matter what I eat, I guess is good enough for me right now. I'm hoping this morning sickness just goes away in a couple weeks, so I can start eating real, good food again. I found a couple recipes that I want to make, including this Shrimp and Corn Chowder. Tomorrow I'm actually going to try to make Mustard Chicken -- a recipe that my mother in law makes, and since its just in a crock pot, I think I might be able to handle it. But thats what I really want to do is start cooking again. I never realized how much cooking actually meant to me and how much I really enjoyed it...I mean, I knew I loved it, but sometimes I just thought "why do I do this every single night??" But now I know. And I miss it. But I'm still trying. And I'm still trying to get this house in order -- I'm so exhausted all the time though...like today for example. I had what I like to refer to as an "exhaustion hangover". Yesterday I think I just over exerted myself and today I was just completely wiped out. So I took like, a three hour nap today...and I'm STILL exhausted. Somethings got to give with this pregnancy. I'm already huge, I'm completely exhausted, and sick, and I just want to feel GOOD again. I know it'll pass, but a week and a half is too long to HOPEFULLY be feeling better. *sigh* I'll just deal like I have been. Doing things here and there and trying to keep up with the house work, and taking breaks when I need them, and regaining my energy. That's about all I can do right now. And when I have more energy, I'll be a happy camper. :) I have a feeling that Bradford might think I'm exaggerating some of it...I'm not sure if that's the case or not, but I'm not. (So darling, if you're reading this, I called your ass out. lolz)

So other than that...life has been going by smoothly. Ri's still driving me nuts, as normal. But Bradford will be home in a short couple weeks -- thank goodness. Then its getting plans rollin to get outta here early. We've also already been talking about where we might possibly want to get stationed after Hawaii (lol 3+ years away). But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...in a couple years. Jumping the gun at its finest.

I need to get some sleep -- Its midnight and I'm still having problems sleeping....so the sooner I get to sleep, the better for me, and everyone else.

<3

No comments: