27 February, 2010

almost there...

So firstly, I'm almost done with my first trimester of pregnancy! A little less than a week left, and I'm pretty excited about that. I'll be even happier when I don't feel like such crap all the time (morning sickness AND just plain exhaustion) Secondly, Bradford comes home soon! In about a week! I'm really excited about that. He hasn't really seen me since knowing about the pregnancy -- he's seen pictures, and he's seen over the web-cam, but that's about it. So I'm sure it'll be quite the shock for him. But that's just what I think. I could be totally wrong. Anyway, I'm excited to see him again -- I've missed him a whole bunch. I just don't want to leave my house super early in the morning to get to the airport on time. And I'll have to leave a little earlier than normal since I'll be heading up north around morning rush hour. Yeesh. Anyway.

So today (1 March) was my "12" week appointment...even though I'm not actually 12 weeks until Thursday. But I had that appointment today. Reilly came with me. She was so good. It was a pretty quick appointment...like most of them are. Got weighed (I lost a pound. lolz. Thanks morning sickness!!), they took my blood pressure (all normal), talked a little bit...including getting a memo from my Doc saying when my "no fly" date starts so that we can start the process of getting able to leave early. We're hopefully shooting for the end of July *crossing fingers* which, would give us only about 4 months to tie up loose ends here. Wow. 4 months? It seems like just yesterday Bradford was reenlisting! Oh, okay, back to the doctor appointment -- Reilly and I both got to hear the heart beat. Which was very exciting, of course! Reilly even got to help with the doppler by pushing the button to turn it on and off, and then helping wipe the gel off my stomach. Ew. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I hate that fucking gel. Whatever, Reilly was a huge big help, and she was such a good girl at the appointment. My next appointment is on 29 March (Reilly's birthday!) and she can't come to that one, so she's going to go hang out with Auntie Brooke for a little bit -- the next appointment is a "big" one I guess? Labs and what not. Doing some normal genetic testing (the same one that I had done with Reilly -- mehh I forget what its called) - blah blah blah. Bradford will be able to come to that one - pending they'll let him take off for it from work, which, they really have no reason not to. So that's whats up with the pregnancy thing. (Above picture is 11w2d) Also! I'll be making my appointment for my ultrasound sometime at the end of this week. That would be the ultrasound to find out the sex and make sure the baby is growing the right way. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time. At first I really really wanted another girl -- but now, I really don't care either way. And I really mean that. I wouldn't mind having a girl OR a boy. Reilly gets to come to that one too -- unfortunately, her and daddy will have to hang out and wait until they get done taking measurements before they get to come in...which makes me sad...but kids under a certain age can't come in for the whole ultrasound. Sad.

Reilly's birthday is coming up, as previously stated, and I think I got all of her decorations for her party taken care of. I feel like I'm going way overboard for her birthday this year, but I have my reasons -- first, its her last birthday as an only child...and second, its her last birthday here in Washington for at least a couple years. So I want to make this one a good one. But I can't believe that my little girl is going to be 4! It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms and she was so tiny...ahhh, hopefully I won't be getting teary-eyed on her birthday. So she's gonna have a SpongeBob themed birthday -- pictures will be coming afterward. I'm HOPING *crossing my fingers* that its going to be nice out. I'd really like to BBQ...but I won't hold my breath. It IS Washington after all. But that WOULD make me very awesomely happy. I would love it. Now I just have to get her birthday presents. I'm getting her a couple Transformer toys...and that's about all I got so far. We're talking about giving her Bradford's iTouch (its 8gb) because he's eventually going to get an iPhone...which I think is a great idea. She would absolutely love it.

What else? Oh! I am completely OBSESSED with etsy lately. I LOVE all the stuff that people put on there. I am completely obsessed and I wish I could afford all the stuff I want on there. The first order I placed was for reusable produce bags from etsy seller LoveForEarth. I CAN'T wait to use them! That over there to the left is what they look like. I use reusable bags 99% of the time (except the odd time I forget them at home when I go grocery shopping) and I'm so happy that I came across these, so now I don't have to use those crappy little produce bags that we just throw away. SOO excited! There are so many more things that I wish I could buy. I'm really big on cameo jewelry and vintage kitchen gadgets right now. So maybe soon. I also got Season 1 of Glee on Amazon for a little over $30 for everything (including shipping) and a book (more like a journal) for all the recipes that i have floating around in my head, and around my house. I need a cute, nice place that I can keep them all, especially when we move -- I don't need all that stuff floating around all over the house! So I'm also excited for all those goodies. I love internet goodies.

Also! One more thing. Today is my dad's birthday! He's 50 today! Old fart. :D I love my dad. I've been through so many mixed feelings towards him over the last 10 years, and I've had to work past a lot of things, but, I know my dad loves me, and I love him and I'm so glad that I have him in my life. He's very important to me, and Reilly, and I would like to assume Brad too. And I know he's important to my mom and my brother and sister-in-law. So Happy Birthday to my favorite dad ever. I hope he has had a fantastic day and enjoys being half a century old. And just a couple years away from senior discounts! ;)

That's it for today -- more soon. Back to trying to outbid other ebayers.

<3

No comments: